Search This Blog

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Comet Ison begins to Shine

                     Over the past few weeks I have been waiting for my first glimpse of Comet Ison.I live in a small town, and have a small bit of light pollution to deal with.Using my telescope I was able to see the comet a month ago, but i have been waiting for binocular visibilty to begin taking piggyback images of Ison.I acquired the my first faint images of Comet Ison on the morning of October 25th, pictured at the end of this post.The condition's at my Southern Ohio observatory have been cloudy over the ast few days, and will continue like this likely until November 2nd.At that time, acquiring images of Ison should prove a bit easier, and I will continue to post them as it closes in on the sun.Here are two images of Comet Ison at different zoom levels, and edited to bring the comet out a bit.Mars is at the top, Ison is right from center in the first image, and centered in the final.Thanks for reading






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, only relevant comments.Thank You